Budding blogger : Shireen

Meet Shireen of Ruchik Randap in the Budding blogger series..

She says --

I am a SAHM (Stay-At-Home-Mom) with a passion for food. I love trying out new recipes and giving them a twist of my own wherever possible, but I often prefer to stick to the original recipe when I try it out for the first time..this gives me an idea of what the dish would have been like as conceived by its creator. Having learnt cooking pretty much on my own through experiments at every stage of my life, it was my husband's encouragement that helped me start my own food blog (Ruchik Randhap which means Delicious Cooking in Konkani) with the sole purpose of helping retain the culinary culture of Mangalore.

The little known town called 'Mangalore' is a beautiful pot pourri of cultures & languages, food & religions and people from Mangalore will swear by its authentic cuisine. No matter where a Mangalorean has migrated to, he will dream of all things Mangalorean. With globalisation closing in on many small cultures, this is my small effort to popularise Mangalorean cuisine and make the recipes along with the pictures accessible to all. Being away from my hometown, I have tried many a dish purely out of recollection of vision & taste as it was being prepared in my Mother's kitchen many years ago.

1 comment:

Mehjabeen Arif said...

Thanks Aipi.. I like this space more.. hugs !

I am knowing more nice friends from ur space.. love ur work.. keep rocking !

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby