Haalubai


My recent addition to cookery books is one on Udipi cuisine and this is the first recipe I tried..

Ingredients

2 cups raw rice
1 cup grated coconut
3 cups grated jaggery
Pinch of salt
1 tsp cardamom powder

Soak the rice for half and hour and drain out the water. Grind it along with coconut and salt to a thin paste.

Heat the jaggery with little water and once it melts completely, add the paste to it and keep stirring to get a big lump. Add cardamom powder and transfer to a greased plate. Cut into pieces once cool.

This Udipi special sweet is off to Sia for her RCI:Udipi and Mangalore cuisine event, the series started by Lakshmi


how to make halubai, halubaai recipe, udipi special cuisine sweet dish, karnataka dessert Affiliate of 100% Microwave Cooking, Ideas money, Time Pass, Inspirations for life, Easy crafts, Earn a Crore

13 comments:

Parita said...

Hallubai sweet looks good..never heard of it before..new to me..

Finla said...

I have neve rhad this, looks yumm, in cochin there was this delicious udipi place were we used to go for food, and always it was really yumm.

Padma said...

A very new recipe... looks yummy :)

Sanctified Spaces said...

I have had this sweet in Mysore,when I was in High School from my classmate's tiffin box.I tasted it and she told me it was Halbai.It was so yummy,I asked her how it was done,she apparently made it out of wheat.Anyways thanx for this post.I must give it a try.

notyet100 said...

this is new for me,..looks yum,..i guess u can send this to mithai mela,..

Recipeswap said...

My grandmom makes something like this....yum yum!

Manju said...

looks delicious. The rice flour, coconut and jaggery mix somehow gives me the feeling of lot many other sweets with the same combo but ive never had this one before!

Dori said...

That must taste yummy :)

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Yummy and a quick dosweet... looks cute i those square shape...

luckysanjana said...

Hallubai.........is that a name you came up with yourself..........never heard of it.........but im sure it tastes good anything that has cocounut and cardamom in it cant fail.

Suparna said...

Hi EC,
I love this sweet...yummmm mouthwatering

Ashwini said...

Wow that looks yumm. This is new to me. YUmmm

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

New to me. Simple and quick recipe. Looks yummy.

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby