Carrot Tofu Sevai



Saw this Mallika Badrinath recipe on a cookery show some time back. Since we dont get wheat sevai here, it is substituted with rice sevai. Also, instead of grating tofu, we opted for small cubes of tofu.

Ingredients

1 cup rice sevai (cooked and cooled)
2 tsp oil
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup cubed tofu (small pieces)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp peanuts
Finely chopped coriander leaves

For masala (Dry roast and grind to a fine powder)

A small piece of cinnamon
2 red chillies
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 tbsp dry coconut powder

Heat oil, add the carrots and cook till the raw smell goes off. Add cooked sevai, salt, masala powder, crushed peanuts and mix well. Cook for two minutes to let the masala mix well.

Add chopped coriander leaves and finally the tofu. Mix well and serve hot.

Sireesha of Moms recipes has passed me the Good Job award..thanks a lot

I would love to pass this on to

Namratha, SriLekha, Sangeeth, Dershana, Vidya

Dershana of The Footloose Chef considers me to be her blogging friend..Thanks Dershana



Passing this on to notyet100, Divya, Sireesha, Yasmeen, Hima

And Curry leaf from Experiments, Emotions and Experiences with food blog has tagged me to list 7 facts about me

The rules for the tag are

(a) List these rules on your blog.

(b) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.

(c) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

1) I love to travel and visit new places
2) Am very much addicted to blogging
3) Love to cook different dishes, but very fussy about eating
4) Am a chaat freak and can have it any time of the day
5) Want to learn all the possible crafts and keep looking out for new ideas
6) I am very restless and cannt stay quiet without any work even for a minute
7) I get angry very soon, but it vanishes much sooner.

I would like to tag

Shreya, Manisha, Usha, Suma, Jayashree, Yasmeen and Nidhi

how to make sevai, sevai varieties, tofu dishes, dishes with tofu, breakfast variety, healthy tiffin recipes,


11 comments:

notyet100 said...

congrtas for award..thnks for passin one to me,sevai looks delicious,.

Unknown said...

Interesting!!!nice sevai recipe..love the addition of tofu..should try it!!

ST said...

Creative and splendid recipe EC....Thanks a lot dear for the award.Love reading ur meme...

Dershana said...

hey Thank you EC :-)

Just saw your comment on my other blog too :-)

and wow rice sevai! looks like edible rangoli :-)

Anonymous said...

Carrot tofu with sevai sound super healthy!
thanks EC for serving me the blend of Friendship:). And I'll post the 7 facts about me soon.

Sum Raj said...

carrot toufu looks healthy and delighted..tempting pic and gud for kids too..thanaks for the tag and i will add ur name to my meme...

lubnakarim06 said...

Tofu and carrot wow. Looks gr8 and healthy.

Vibaas said...

Congrats for the award and thanks for passing it to me. This sevai sounds new, interesting and healthy. a must try!

Anonymous said...

Thanks once again EC considering me for this award. I am so touched.

Srivalli said...

That sure is a different sevai ec...

Namratha said...

Congrats on your awards E, and thanks for sending one my way :)

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby